The Junior League of Clearwater-Dunedin recognizes how important supporting our community is in these uncertain times. We assure you that we are staying vigilant in monitoring the situation as it evolves, with special focus on providing support to our members and the community.Please visit the Centers for Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) for the most up to date information.
What We are Doing:
Unfortunately, COVID-19 has impacted on our current programs, specifically our Pack-a-snack program, which feeds economically challenged elementary school children meals over the weekend when not in school. We are still committed to serving the community in other ways:
- Food Pantries: Supporting local food banks such as RCS Food Bank and Feast Food Pantry in order to provide food to those in need in Pinellas County.
- Staying at Home: We encourage all of our employees and members to stay at home to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We have implemented virtual meetings in order to stay connected as a league. The Scot Shop will also be temporarily closed until further notice.
- Supporting our Community Partners: We are keeping in contact with our community to assess needs and help where possible.
- Supporting our Healthcare Workers: We wanted to offer our heartfelt thanks for the many extra hours doctors and nurses are working by providing local hospitals with meals.
- Saint Petersburg College Emergency Fund: This fund helps with barriers relating to a variety of students’ needs—from food insecurity and medical bills to technology and housing assistance.
How You Can Help:
Stay informed! Please visit the National and Local websites to stay up to date on the current situation.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- Florida Department of Public Health
- Pinellas County
- City of Clearwater
- City of Dunedin
Give to Our Community: Many of us have anxiety over the uncertainty of the situation. You can support our community by donating to: