The Junior Leagues of Florida – State Public Affairs Committee (SPAC) has monitored legislation and advocated for issue of importance for over 40 years. Within the state of Florida, we are a part of 22 Leagues and 11,000 women which gives us a strong voice for change.
SPAC selects legislation that aligns with our Position Statements which are reviewed and voted on annually.
For the 2019 legislative session, Florida SPAC will be focusing its advocacy efforts on health and hunger, at-risk youth, education, and community safety.
We are supporting and tracking the following bills:
Health and Hunger
- HB 3029 Feeding Florida Healthy Food Initiative
- SB 60 Tax Exemption for Diapers and Incontinence Products
- SB 82/ HB 145 Vegetable Gardens
- SB 476/ HB 567 Child Restraint Requirements
- SB 66/ HB 545 Drinking Water in Public Schools
- SB 124/ HB 115 Dependent Children
- SB 128/ HB 179 Child Abuse
- SB 262/ HB 421 Child Welfare
- SB 540/ HB 851 Human Trafficking